Care Net offers Information on Medical and Surgical Abortion procedures
- Medical Abortions:
- RU 486 (Abortion Pill)- within the first 7 weeks after the first day of a woman’s last period
- RU 486 is NOT the same as the Morning After Pill
Click here for more about the Morning After Pill
- Surgical Abortions:
- Suction Curettage (also called Vacuum Aspiration) – the standard surgical method for induced abortion in the first 12 to 13 weeks since the first day of a woman’s last period
- Dilation and Evacuation (D&E) – the standard method of induced abortion between 13 to 20 weeks sine the first day of a woman’s last period
- Late Term Abortion- when more than 20 weeks have passed since the first day of a woman’s last period
Care Net offers peer counseling and accurate information about your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services. Our medical personnel are available to help answer any questions you may have.
This information is intended for general educational purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional medical advice.
Call us 24/7 at 608-259-1605.