The Elizabeth House Relief Staff
Care Net Pregnancy Center seeks a married couple to serve as Relief Staff for The Elizabeth House, a nine month Christian residential program for pregnant women. We are seeking a mercy-filled, caring and non-judgmental couple who has a heart to serve young mothers as they focus on making positive changes and moving forward with their lives. A couple without children preferred. Retired couples welcomed.
The purpose of the Relief Staff are to act as house family staff when the House Family have personal time away from The Elizabeth House and their management responsibilities.
At The Elizabeth House women and their babies live free of charge and carry out her pregnancy while participating in a six to nine month goal-oriented program that encourages moms to focus on personal growth and skill development and to move toward self-sufficiency and independence
· Experience in effectively dealing with stressful situations and individuals in crisis.
· Ability to communicate effectively and in a non-judgmental spirit with people from diverse populations.
· Education or experience in the helping professions a plus. (Health care, human development, childcare, family life education, social work, case management, counseling).
· Experience or knowledge related to infant care.
· Experience with and the ability to successfully live in community.
· Must complete Care Net’s volunteer training.
· Must believe in Jesus Christ, God’s gift of eternal life and evidence a strong Christian life testimony.
· Must agree with Care Net’s Statement of Principles, Statement of Purpose and Statement of Faith.
· Regular church attendance.
· Own a car and be personally responsible for insurance and all related costs.
· Maintain one’s own personal residence for all non-work time.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter by April 1, 2013 at 5 pm to Annetta Wright or to:
Care Net Pregnancy Center of Dane County
Attn. Annetta Wright
1350 MacArthur Rd.
Madison, WI 53714
Contact Annetta at 608-259-1606 or e-mail Annetta for more information.
Download Position Description (34 KB pdf)